Saturday, October 24, 2009

The kindness of strangers!

You know, when you have a week where you are fed up with people - they say and do stupid things? Yeah, it was one of those weeks....

I got a flat tire on Thursday at work (of course it was a rainy day!) so I carefully drove to the gas station to put air in it to make it home. While I was TRYING to put air in it (unsuccessfully) - a man asked if I wanted some help. So he showed this 'dumb girl' how to put it in (note to self....hold the lever). I told him I guess dumb girls shouldn't be allowed to do that. And he said, "That's not true. Everyone just needs to be shown how to do this kind of thing." Thank you Stranger #1!

So I made it home and when I pulled in the garage I could hear it hissing - great... DH wasn't home, of course...oh well, so I sent DS across the street to get the neighbor to help me change it. So Neighbor and DS changed it while I called the library to say I might be a little late. Thank you, Neighbor J!

I took the tire to have it fixed yesterday. They were very nice and sealed it up, put the spare away and had me ready to go in 1/2 hour. NO CHARGE!!!!!!! I almost fell over. Thank you Stranger #2!

So just as I was about to give up on the intelligence and kindness of people - there were 3 in 24 hours who proved how wrong I was -- and not to give up on them because good things happen when you least expect it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    The kindness of (and to) others is what life is all about. Take that kindness and pass it on to someone else when the time is right.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.