Tuesday, December 05, 2006

You know it's Monday when....

...DD is up at 4 a.m. after you stayed up late on Sunday night to watch a movie.
...DS asks if you remembered to get treats for his after school activity and you completely forgot (insert silent curse and slap in the forehead).
...you pick up DD from daycare and she's pale as a ghost and feverish then spend the rest of the evening trying to get her cooled down and to sleep for a while.

Oh, yes, it was a Monday yesterday! So, I am home with DD today, who is sleeping at the moment - whew! She seems to be better.

DH & I have decided not to go to Alaska. We decided we would rather sink that money into our Hawaii trip. So, next November, he & I will be renewing our vows there and having our "second honeymoon". We are looking into hotels and resorts - good grief! You would think an island wouldn't have that many in that small of an area.

We also decided to take the kids to Chicago the weekend before Christmas to see the lights and decorations. Apparently, no one else wants to be a tourist that weekend - we got a steal for a room.

They are taling about more snow coming in tonight - because apparently the almost 14" we got on Friday wasn't enough....ugh! Have I mentioned I hate winter?

Hope you are all having a good week!

14 comments:

  1. Yuck, don't you hate days like that? I'm so glad that you survived!!
    The Hawaii trip sounds HEAVENLY!! I'm jealous!!
    And the night in Chicago sounds great too. I love Chicago and I bet it is so pretty during Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:53 PM

    LOL I think we should swap places, I would love snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:58 PM

    UGH!!!
    I hate Mondays like that . . . seems to happen way more than I would like. HOpe today was better for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man.. mondays can stink.. i took the day opff yesterday becauswe I didn't want to face the day!! LOL

    The hawaii trip sounds great!

    La-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 PM

    You can keep your snow. It was good to chat today. I've missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a hectic monday you had..ugg. hope your DD is feeling better.

    and a 2nd honeymoon in Hawaii sounds awesome!-what a great thing to look forward to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tons of days like that...heck I wished they were just Mondays LOL.

    Hang in there honey soon it will be a new year and goodness knows its gotta get BETTER.

    However I do like winter and I miss the snow so toss a snowball for me and then curse the dorks who drive really bad in it forcing you to STAY home.

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  8. argh--Mondays! lol

    Hope you are having a better day today!
    I'm with you also-- I HATE winter!!
    its been SOOOO cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH!!! I hop DD is feeling better. A 2nd honeymoon in Hawaii sounds better :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can send some of that snow down here! I'd gladly take it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Hawaii sounds onderful right now! how long will you have been married when you renew?

    Thank goodness I don;t live in snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:45 AM

    OMG one lucky girl... Hwaii sounds wonderful - the time will whiz bt... missing you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy your blog.... have a great time in HI and Chitown and whatever you do send the snow to the crazies that are asking for it and kepp it away from upstate NY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Chicago and I love snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.