Monday, June 09, 2008

Back from "enemy territory"

That's right....St. Louis! Those blasted Cardinals...

Just kidding! DH & I went this past weekend for my work's conference. We had a nice time. The speaker was a bit long and not that exciting, BUT what are you going to do!?

Anyway, our choice of activity for Friday evening was to have dinner at Busch Stadium's Champions Club. It was very nice! It was really neat to be there by ourselves and watch them set up for the Dave Matthews concert. Then we went to the City Museum for a couple of hours - that place is REALLY cool!!!!!! Lots of climbing, hands on - VERY kid friendly place!

Saturday, we walked to the Arch and took the ride to the top. The view is so neat from up there and that structure is just amazing! Then we walked to Union Station for lunch and some shoppping. After that, we went back to our room and took naps until we had to get ready for the theater. Our entire group went to see Mama Mia - cute show but I don't think I'd go see it again. They fed us dinner AT the theater before the show and it was yummy!

Sunday we left the hotel early and decided to go to Meramec Caverns. The neon sign should have been out tip-off that this was going to be SUPER TOURISTY!!!!!!!!!! (I would also like to add the mirrored ball hanging from the ceiling of the "ballroom" did nothing to deter that feeling) But we enjoy caves and over all - we saw some really cool formations and the thought of how they got there is amazing! The tour itself - QUITE disappointing!!!!! Oh well!

But we had a nice time overall, despite the heat, rain and St. Louis humidity. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Sounds like you saw a lot of interesting things. St. Louis really has a lot to offer almost everyone. Gotta get back to reading other posts since I am just getting acquainted with your blog. Nice job Jen!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun - I also like Caves but not the Super Touristy stuff - but every now again you just have to do these things..Sorry that you had to the Super Touristy stuff in Enemy Territory - that is like a double whammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You are blogging again! How did I miss this!!?

    I haven;t heard from you or talked to you in ages!


    Glad you had a nice trip!!

    La-

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds to me like you have been having a lot of fun! i agree with the touristy stuff, but there is no way that I could do a cave either. they are too creepy. But we are seeing mama Mia this weekend in Atlanta. I hope its good, my daughter is a big fan of pretty much any play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.