Saturday, March 14, 2009

Randomness

DD made a big step last Friday - she donated her hair. She had almost 10" cut off. She loves her shorter hair (me too!).

Before:After:
**********************************
I had a scrap night last night and didn't get a whole lot accomplished....but the company was GREAT! :D
**********************************
I would like to say THANK YOU to the young man at Wal Mart this afternoon. I appreciate when someone who is (considerably) younger than me reminds me that the "kids" aren't all bad!!!!
We were leaving Wal Mart and there was a older woman standing at a strange angle. I heard a voice as we walked by and looked down and there was the cashier, tying her shoe for her. I couldn't have been more impressed. I did call the store and spoke with a manager about him - I didn't have his name but I knew what time and register he was on.
I know there are days at my job where I get a little frustrated with people but then remind myself "How would I want some one to treat my grandparents or parents?" So young man, THANK YOU!!!!!! You went above the call of duty today.
************************************
We took the kids to the park this afternoon - sunny and 50. The playground was packed but it was SO fun! DH & DS played tennis for about an hour.
************************************
I hope you're all having a great weekend!
HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing to donate her hair. Give her a hug from me! :D

    WTG, recognizing the cashier who went above-and-beyond!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:23 AM

    She looks so cute with her hair cut and donating her hair for a good cause is wonderful! Hugs to our little sweetie!
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good story! My DD WANTS her hair to grow - maybe I can convince her to cut it for this great cause too! And YAY for the good deed doer at Walmart! I think you made an awesome decision to call back to the store about him!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.