Thursday, July 15, 2010

Book reviews

I know it's been a LONG time since I've done any of these but here's a few books that I've read in the past couple of months...


Size 14 Isn't Fat Either
by Meg Cabot
3 stars out of 5
This was another fun Heather Wells book. What happens when Heather finds herself in the middle of another crime? You can bet she'll be where she shouldn't be!
This series is fun to read and I love the characters!

The Accidental Bestseller
by Wendy Wax
4 stars out of 5
When you're a writer and your life falls apart what do you do? Shut yourself at a cabin and write like your career depends on it. But what happens when you are found to be a sham?

This is a touching, wonderful story of friendship and surviving life.

The Summer Kitchen
by Karen Weinrub
5 stars out of 5

Nora's world is turned upside down on one fateful morning but does she let that 'fall from grace' in the high society world she's used to beat her down? Not a chance!!!! This is a total 'girl power' story. I love Nora and her kids.

The Art of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein
5 stars out of 5
Written from a dog's perspective on his life with his family, this is such a touching story that I can't begin to explain it all. I hope that all dogs have that wonderful of a life!

I will try to get reviews up more often! Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. ooh- these sound good. :) I have to finish two more books and I'll do another massive book review post too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Thanks. A couple of these sound really good.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reviews! I keep picking up the book written from the dog's perspective....glad to hear it was good! I may have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.