Friday, September 17, 2010

WOW!

We had an educational and informative afternoon with the audiologists today!

DD got her hearing aids - HOORAY!!!!! She sat very patiently and cooperatively while they ran through all the tests and settings on them to get them right.

Hubby & I learned how to put them in and take them out. How to clean and take care of them. Lots to do, lots to do but I'm sure it's just adding it to our daily routine and will be 'old hat' in no time! We each whispered something to her and she actually heard us. She has never been able to hear a whisper before. So amazing!

I had a conversation with her on the way home in which I didn't have to yell so she could hear me and I spoke in a quieter tone than I usually speak in and she conversed right back. It was SO awesome! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry happy tears (so I did a little of both).

I pray that the long wait and endless applications that have been rejected in the last six years are going to payoff now.
*********************************
On a different note: DD & I have been reading Ramona and she's looking all over the inside cover of this book (bear in mind - it's an original book from the 1950s) - looks at me and says "I can't find the www. whatever to look up the website". I said "That book is from a long time ago, before there was an internet." I thought her chin was going to fall off her face then she said "No internet?!" Amazing, I know!

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you're getting such amazing results!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is fabulous so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:09 PM

    I'm so happy for all of you, especially Sara!

    Too funny about the Ramona website. Never even gave it a thought.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful!! That is a riot re: the Ramona website...I remember the first time I went "online." I'm sure my future kids will get a kick out of that someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I'm so happy for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.