Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Book reviews

The Killer Angels
by Michael Shaara
A wonderful Civil War historical fiction book. The characters are well written with a good storyline. Mr. Shaara did a great job using historical events to make this book believable and very engrossing.

5 out of 5 stars




The Christmas Quilt
by Jennifer Chiaverini

Why does Sylvia Compson hate Christmas? What were her past Christmases like?

Read away to find out. Another wonderful book from the Elm Creek Quilters series. The more of these books I read, the more I like the characters.

4 out of 5 stars

Artwork from amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 AM

    Two more on my 'to read' list. Thanks Jen.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about doing a book exchange in February or March ... maybe you'd like to come? Let me know if there are particular weekends that are good or bad & perhaps I can help you with your book goals! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.