Monday, December 09, 2013

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Friday, we took two busloads of clients to Chicago for shopping day. It was plenty cold (high of 20F). I went with my mom. We met my sister, a friend and her mom (who are longtime family friends) for lunch. It was great to catch up with all of them!  PS: For those of you in the Chicago area - my sister is telling a story at Mrs. Murphy's on Lincoln Ave. tomorrow night. Check it out!

I worked at the library on Saturday.

Yesterday, we got almost 4 inches of snow. Lil Miss & I hung out most of the day until we had a Christmas dinner to go to. It was nice and got to meet some new people.

I have to brag about my Lil Miss....she told me yesterday that the little note (I print out little lunchbox notes and put them in her lunch now & then) that I gave her Friday, she passed onto a little girl at her lunch table because she was crying that her friend wouldn't sit with her. Lil Miss just said to me, "I think she needed it more than I did". I love that she has such a big heart!

Happy Monday

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet about the lunch note.
    You know I witnessed a little girl crying (about 2nd or third grade) behind one of the posts in the cafeteria Saturday before the girl scouts went out for Christmas caroling.
    It made my heart happy to see several girls go over to check on her and try to cheer her up.
    You hear so much about "mean girls" and bullying. But there really are a lot of sweet ones out there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 PM

    I'm so happy to hear that she tried to cheer up another child. It is a stressful time of year, even for children, so an extra hug to Sara for her love and generosity to another.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooooooooooo sweet!!!!! I love that story!!! Good for her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a sweet story! your little miss sounds like a sweetheart :)

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.