Saturday, July 05, 2008

Disney World & Cruise

So that I don't bore you too much - I'll just hit the highlights of our trip...

Day 1: We stayed at the Polynesian Resort for the 1st night. That was all we did that day - just stayed at the resort and relaxed. The most exciting things were: we got upgraded to the conceierage level (what a nice surprise!) - we could see the Magic Kingdom from our room. DH & I left DD at the Neverland Club (daycare) while we went "exploring" the other resorts in the area. When we went to pick her up, she came out and saw us and said "What are you doing here?" I guess she was having a good time!



Day 2: We were bused to Port Canaveral to catch our cruise ship - Disney Wonder. We got checked in (don't ask!!!!) and boarded. We had also been upgraded from a level 12 room to a level 9 room - we knew about that - we had a nice big porthole window we could look out. We explored the ship, had some lunch, went to the Sail Away Party and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. We had dinner at Animator's Palette - VERY cool restaurant on board.




Day 3: Port call in Nassau. I could have done without this stop, but it seems all the cruise lines stop there. DH & I explored the city on our own - yes, DD was at the Oceaneer Club (daycare) because she didn't want to be with us. DH & I went to see an old fort, Hard Rock Cafe and Queen's Staircase. I was more than ready to go back to the ship after that! He & I had lunch by ourselves at Triton's - very yummy! We got DD, checked out the pools and took naps. That night we went to the show - Toy Story the Musical - it was lots of fun! As it was "Pirate Night" - we found pirate mouse ears for DD and had dinner at Parrot Cay.


Day 4: Port call - Disney's island, Castaway Cay. Nice sunny day to play on the beach. I had been given my "surprise" the night before - DH had booked me a cabana massage for that morning. It was heaven!!!!! So DH & DD played on the beach/in the ocean while I had that. When I joined them, DD decided she wanted to join her "oceaneer friends" so she joined them and we had lunch and went snorkeling. Since it was our last night on the ship, we had to pack up. So we rested a little, went to go see that evening's show, had dinner at Triton's and packed everything up.



Day 5: Left the ship early and headed back to "the World". We stayed at Pop Century - what a VERY fun hotel! We barely got in the door to our room & DD climbed up on a bed and laid down - she was asleep withing 3 minutes. So DH headed to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend while I unpacked us and DD slept. We headed to Magic Kingdom a little after lunch. DD got her hair/makeup/nails done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - she HATED having her hair done but she LOVED getting her makeup & nails done. Then it was off to dinner in Cinderella's Castle. After that, we rode and rode and rode until almost 11:30. Then it was time to crash! And crash we all did!



Day 6: WE SLEPT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think any of us even moved until after 8. Then we headed to Grand Floridian for DD's Tea Party with Alice. DH & I had a sandwich there while she did that - no parents were allowed, except a couple quick pictures when they were being seated. After that, we spent a few hours at Epcot - by the way, the chocolate mousse in France is divine! :D We went to Downtown Disney that evening for some shopping and walking.

Day 7: Hollywood Studios - what a fun day! It was hot though. We rode a few rides, saw a few shows. We had a late lunch at the 50s Prime Time Cafe - yummy!!!! Since our Disney time was drawing to a close, we started packing that evening. We watched Epcot's fireworks from our hotel, finished packing and crashed.





Day 8: Up and checked out - off to Animal Kingdom. It was INCREDIBLY hot! The safari was AWESOME this time - lots of animals and they were active. Saw lots of shows too. We headed back to the hotel to have some lunch, take some pictures, get our luggage and catch our "Magical Express" to the airport.

It was a GREAT trip! DD hopes we can go back soon!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    wow. action packed good times!
    great fun photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and your family had a great time! what cool photos! Disney always has such fun stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip. We are going on the cruise in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you lucky girl! sounds like a great trip. so glad your dd enjoyed the time too! it is awesome that you got to do alone stuff..that always makes it better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome trip!!!! i am just pea green!!! And you were just a hop, skip and a jump from us!! i am so glad that you & your family enjoyed your vacation. One day, I will go on the Disney cruise. I love that silly ole mouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quick review! Sounds like an awesome time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that sounds like an amazing vacation! I've been to Disney World tons of times, but I've never stayed at any of the resorts. I can't wait until I have kids to take there. Your little girl is just the cutest.

    We should be moving Thursday night or Friday morning, depending on how long it takes to pack the truck. Then, no more stressful job (hopefully, just a fun one in a gift shop), and more time to scrap, dance, and take photos (and post on my blog)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like an awesome vacation!!! soooo jealous!!! hey . . . thank you so very much for the sweet comments on my blog about my bella and my new little kitten, chai!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.