Saturday, November 08, 2008

Catching up - finally....

Greetings! I know some of you (cough cough {marie...} cough cough) have been asking me to catch up. So, here goes...









First, thank you to those who stop by at least semi-regularly. I love your comments and it's nice to feel (sometimes) like life isn't quite as boring as I might think...





HALLOWEEN - our little "Belle" had a marvelous time trick or treating. The weather - couldn't have been better!!!! Mid 60s, sunny...super! Considering the week had started with highs in the 30s, we were slightly concerned. But Mother Nature came through!






Here is DS in his Halloween finery...



























On a very sad note, my brother and his girlfriend lost their dog on Friday afternoon. He will be missed!!!!!








Sat., November 1 - welcome to a new month! The first thing DD asked was "How long until Christmas?" WHAT?! So I guess once the excitement of Halloween is over, on to the next thing....but come on, at least come down off the sugar high first! That evening we went to get groceries and guess what(?!) - Wal Mart was playing Christmas music.... I bought myself a new crockpot - and THAT was my excitement for that day! It's the little things in life...









Sun., November 2 - I made a pot of chili in my new crockpot (thanks, mom!). It was a hit in this house - it was gone by the end of the day. The temps were in the upper 60s - not complaints here! Other than that, the Bears won (YEA!). DS & I watched The Bucket List http://thebucketlist.warnerbros.com/ - we loved it!!!!!!! Laughed and cried our way through it.



Mon., November 3 - One day until election day. DD told us how the election works....



DD: John McCain and Rock Abomber want to win. People go into the little house (voting booth) and pick who gets to be re-present. I think it comes in a box.



Me: What?



DD: Re-present. You know, like you open.



Me: It's president, not present. President, it's a person.



DD: Ooooohhhh. Well, whoever wins gets to live in a big, white house.



If only 4 year olds ran the world...I'm sure we'd all laugh a lot more!



Tues., November 4 - ELECTION DAY! I hope you all voiced your vote - whatever it may have been. Good for you! We took DD with us to vote so she could see how it was set up - she was very quiet and got her very own "I voted" sticker. She was quite impressed with herself. Her class held it's own election that day between Mrs. Fox (DD), Mrs. Beaver and Mr. Bear. When I picked her up she proudly proclaimed "I voted for myself!" She lost by a landslide but I think everyone was ok with it. :-)



Wed., November 5 - DD's opening question in the kitchen.... "Who got bought for President, John McCain or Bara Obama (getting closer)?" After DH almost picked himself up off the floor - sorry, we both had to laugh over that comment. We told her that Barak Obama was going to be the next president. Her response "Oh. Can I have my cereal now?" Life goes on....



Fri., November 7 - Now that the temperatures have plummeted (complete with sleet and snow) it feels more like November. :) We took the kids to see Madagascar 2 last night - http://www.madagascar-themovie.com/. It was funny and DD didn't do too well, a lot of the jokes were over her head and she got a little bored.




Sat., November 8 - Still snowy mix today, cold and windy. Welcome winter! I finished my book today and I MUST say - you HAVE to read it! http://www.queenoftheroadthebook.com/orion-book.htm I haven't laughed that much reading a book in ages! Please check it out!






DH & I also started looking a photo Christmas cards....hopefully that will be taken care of in the next week - it's one of the things that always stresses me out!









Oh and I did get a couple of digital scrap pages done...














































I hope you are all enjoying your weekend - thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for catching up your blog.. I know that I love it when I know that people are reading my blog and either like my scrapping or do not think my life is boring or overdramatic

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad about the dog. A child missing is so heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update. I love the cold weather. I wish it would get colder in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..."Belle" is so cute! Was your son dressed up? What was he?

    Sorry about your brother's pup. :(

    Our weather has been amazing here. A little chilly at night (well, chilly to me...in the 60's!) and gorgeous and not-hot during the day.

    I'll have to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the conversation you guys had with your daughter about the election. It was sweet to see the election from a childs point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C was Belle too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.