Thursday, February 16, 2012

Last weekend

Last weekend was wonderful! The weather was cold but we had a nice weekend.

Friday started it off with hubby & I teaching Ag in the Classroom to 2 3rd grade classes and a 4th grade class. It was a lot of fun and we hope to do it again next year! We had a quick lunch at a newer little dive in town and I had THE BEST basket of loaded fries... I'm pretty sure I closed up a vital artery in eating them but it was SO worth it!

Saturday we literally did NOTHING! However a funny (now) story... the doorknob in our master bath is a little iffy (as in it turns one way MOST of the time!). I get out of the shower and am dressed, reach for the knob and that sucker doesn't move!!!! I jiggle, wiggle and shake - nothing. So I start banging on the door and yelling. Apparently my husband and son were running around trying to figure out where the knocking was coming from. I was finally released from my holding cell. I now carry my cell phone to the bathroom with me!

Sunday we had a restful morning and went to Disney on Ice in the afternoon as our daughter's birthday present (she'll be 8 on Sunday!). She had a GREAT time - her favorite Princesses, Tiana, Cinderella and Rapunzel. We didn't tell her where we were going. We're all of 15 minutes from our destination and she says from the back seat "Is this one of those things where you know where we are going and just won't tell me?" As we walked toward the United Center she stops walking and says "We're going to see Disney on Ice, aren't we?" Darn TV commercials!

It's been a nice week at home, work has been a little hairy. Valentine's Day was quiet for all of us.

Looking forward to a busy weekend this weekend but it should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend (not the locked in the bathroom part). Good thing your boys were home! I hope this weekend is just as nice for you...kind of lets you put the hairy week at work on the back burner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.