Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tales from the library, part 4

I know the public library is like the community vacuum for every nutter but what happened on Saturday was just weird...

I am working the desk and a gentleman comes up to the desk. (he's in his mid-70s) He points to his ear and says "What do you think?" I look and see he is pointing to his earring. My response after a few seconds of stunned silence was "Uhhhh, it's....nice?" (What was I supposed to say? You look ridiculous!!!!) He proudly smiles and says "I just got it." (And I'm sure you're 22 year old girlfriend told you that was cool....) I really didn't know what else to say to him and I hear him say to his friend as they walk away from the desk. "I told you chicks dig earrings."

OY!!!!!!!

My co-worker looks at me, smiles real big and says "I think you just got hit on." (insert full body shiver here)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43 PM

    I guess nobody told him that male earrings are on their way out! Just read an article online last week. It takes all kinds.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I hope when I'm in my 70's I have the gumption to do crazy sh$$!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!! he sounds harmless! (mostly, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.