Thursday, May 02, 2013

Happy May!

WOW! How did it get to be May already?!  I hope it's getting "springy" around you. The trees are finally getting green and flowers are popping out. I wake up to the birds singing (or squawking) each morning.  Spring has sprung!

To catch you up on me: I had a TEE (basically an internal ultrasound) on my heart on Tuesday. They confirmed that the hole in my heart wall is there. I have what is called atrial septum defect (ASD).  I meet again with the surgeon next week to go over the procedure and timeframe for recovery.  Basically, what he told my husband is that they will go in and test the oxygen levels in each of the chambers of my heart and if they feel they are too low, then they will repair the hole while they are in there.  I am ready for this to be done, as I'm tired of being stuck, poked, prodded and driving to appointments.

We spent last weekend in St. Louis. DH & DS went to the Hawks/Blues game. We had intended to spend a few hours at Six Flags on Saturday morning, but the rain deterred that plan. We went to the mall and had lunch. Checked into our hotel - where there were 3 weddings and I don't know how many proms.  Little Miss was in heaven gawking at all the dresses.  We made it to Six Flags for a few hours Sunday until the cold got to be too much.  It was nicer in northern IL than there...figures!

This weekend, the Six Flags here opens and lo and behold - it's supposed to rain ALL weekend...AGAIN! Sigh.  Sooooo - we'll see. Iron Man opens this weekend, so maybe we'll see that instead.

I am testing a crochet pattern. It will be a lovely baby blanket when I'm done. I'll post pictures then.

I hope you're all well. I will try to post when I can.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are dealing with this.
    I hope they are able to find the easiest solution possible.

    And I am here in STL!
    Huge hockey fan, too.
    Hoping my Blues can pull off this series against the KINGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.