Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Travels

2 trips in 2 weeks...whew!

We're still on Disney Detox. Whew... We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside - I wasn't very impressed with that property - very overgrown and spread out. The staff left MUCH to be desired! The weather was very nice! We had a brief downpour on Saturday morning, but it was sunny other than that.
I think we hit everything we wanted to at all 4 parks while we were at Disney World. The kids met a few characters. My brother and his family drove up from southern Florida to spend a couple of days with us and that was wonderful! DS made his quest for smashed pennies - he has BOOKS of those things from everywhere! He collected quite a few more. DD & I missed all the fireworks shows and "louder" attractions because the noise bothers her ears, but that's ok. All in all, we had a great time! We hope to go back and hopefully for a little longer.

Last weekend, we went to southern Wisonsin to play tourists - again! We had a wonderful time and the weather was PERFECT!!!!!!!!! Sunny and lower 80s. We stayed at House on the Rock Inn - very nice! We visited House on the Rock and Taliesen (Frank Lloyd Wright's home) and took one of the tours there. We swung through New Glarus on our way home on Sunday for a few hours. Then met my sister & her fiance' in Janesville for a late lunch. I'm ALMOST caught up on laundry.

DH & I are starting to plan where we would like to go for our 10th anniversary. Hmmm... Oh the possibilities.

I'm still working part-time at the library and full-time for the lending company, about 55 hours/week. I am usually pretty wiped at night and it takes a lot for me to get laundry done, the dishwasher run, pick up or whatever. I will REALLY try to stay up with my blog better.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Hiya hun... those Disney pics have put me in the mood LOL - we're off at the end of the month - not staying on property but close :) Makes me feel like a kid again - which if course I am :) Glad you had a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun couple of weeks!! vacation overload!

    La-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.