Wednesday, April 23, 2008

YES!!!

Much to be happy about....

The Cubs just finished a 7-1 home stand and their overall record for the season, so far is 14-6. Yesterday's win was number 9,999 for the orginization. If this keeps up this year, and I hope it does, it's gonna be a GREAT season! : )

Phase 1 of the basement has been completed! The carpet is in and the furniture is back. It was GREAT to lay on the floor and watch TV. DD was THRILLED that the TV was back and that she could be down there again.

I will once again say that I work for the greatest company! We had an all-team meeting yesterday and as much as I wasn't looking forward to it, it was pretty good. There were a lot of creative skits and the speaker was pretty good. As a "thank you" for our work in the 1st quarter, they gave each of us an iPod Nano. I almost fell out of my chair... quite a thank you!

DS is off today - due to the mandatory Illinois ACT test. Our district makes the juniors go to school but the rest of the high school has a day & a half off.... First, I think it's silly that ALL the juniors have to take the ACT. Second, I'm sure the middle school & elementray teachers aren't happy THEY all have to go to work! Third, yet another day off of school...brother!

DH & I started walking again. We have been out every night for the past week. I can't believe the difference in how I feel - SO much better! Why do I let myself go like that? LAZY!

Nothing real creative going on with my right now...I would like to try to get some sewing done this week.

Hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. good for you and walking .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been out walking, too ... feels SO good! I'm glad that things are turning around for you & you're having positive things happen!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.