Friday, May 15, 2009

Catch up

WOW!!!! Have I been a bad blogger!!!! I am not sure where the time went, but it did...

DS finished his tennis season this week. It wasn't a great season but the boys all seemed to have fun - that's what counts!!!!

Mother's Day was nice! The weather was perfect! We went hiking with some friends at Starved Rock. Wow - did they have flooding problems a little while back! The trails were pretty clear - a few mucky spots, the waterfalls were flowing (oh - side note, the water was COLD!!!!!). How would I know that, you might ask...well, I (and our friends' daughter) slipped walking up to one of the waterfalls and took a cold bath - WHOO!!!!!!!!! My legs are nothing to be looking at these days - black and blue. Lesson learned....if you fall on rocks - IT HURTS!!!!!!! But we dried off and enjoyed our day.

I had a 2 day work conference this week. It was a good meeting and an enjoyable evening spent with some co-workers I don't usually get to hang out with.

We have had our share of rain. Excuse me, Mother Nature - the farmers are getting VERY cranky! Could you make the lives of those of us who have to deal with them on a daily basis a little easier here? Geez....

We've had a garage sale this week. It hasn't gone bad. The house feels lighter and it feels good to clean some crap out.

DH & I have started walking again. God help us if we go on vacation with my family who is in shape and have to try to keep up with them...eeesh! So we're trying to get there!!!!

Hmmmm.....anything else???? (thinking, thinking.....)

OH! I know! I found out today that my name was drawn in our lottery at work for a ticket to the All Star Game in St. Louis in July. Yes, I know it will be hot and humid. But I may never get to go again. Yes, I know my hubby and kids don't get to go :( but I have their support and plan to go and have fun.

Have a super weekend all!!!! Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to be better about blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Busy week! Congrats on the All-Star ticket. That's something most people never get the chance to see!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad you had a really fun Mother's Day! :) I love that park- I'll have to put that on my "must see" list of one day vacations! Hey- if I do that we can have a bloggie date!! :) HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.