Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy May!

May, 2008 - Batavia IL
Happy May Day! May your month be filled with green and flowers. :D
I got DD signed up for kindergarten on Wednesday. Kindergarten!!!! I can't believe it! She is very excited and I know that the adjustment should be an easy one since she is going to the pre-k program at the same school she will be going too.
Tennis - yes! Tennis has been part of our lives this spring. DS is playing on the JV team. They're not the best but they seem to all be having fun and are really a team unit. It's great to go to the their meets and see them finish their match and go watch the other members of their team play (rather than screwing around). He has learned a lot and had fun - that's all I care about.
DS's prom date backed out a few weekds ago. Nice.... She asked him back in January and then decided she didn't want to go and that she'd rather do something else that day. She doesn't want him to do that with her either. Okie doke...
The Cubs aren't looking real good this month....Since it's early in the season, I will not dwell on this fact (too much). I hope they have a better May.
To all my scrapbooking friends and readers - Happy National Scrapbook Weekend. (I would like to unofficially declare it Scrapbook MONTH, but...) I hope you get lots of scrapping done.
Not much else is new. I had a request to recommend some "funny" books. I will work on putting a list together this weekend. Speaking of books, please check out my friend, Edith's new book - DELIVERING FATE. Thanks! :D
Have a great weekend!!!! Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your book recommendations! And that stinks about your son's prom date...kids are mean...hope he is doing ok with it. What a hard age that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has definitely sprung, hasn't it? :) Sorry to hear about the "last minute" backing out. I hope he can go & have fun without her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks on the prom date... I can not believe that Sarah is going to Kindergarten... WOW...

    Come see my new blog.. had to start over...

    Hope all is going well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.