Saturday, April 30, 2011

A royal treat

Official palace photo





Yes, I will admit...I got up early to watch "The Wedding". I got up about 4:45 central time - in time to see the royals to arrive at the church and the wedding. Kate's dress was breathtaking and William looked dashing. I would like to thank Prince Harry for almost making me cry. When he looked back at Catherine and said "What until you see her" with that big smile, I almost cried.





And the hats! WOW!!! Pick a color, shape or decoration and it was probably there. I think some of them defied gravity! (Beatrice and Eugenie!)









AP photos

That little girl was hilarious! She wasn't going to get in the car to go to the wedding then her covering her ears (and yes, I'm sure it was loud!) was SO cute! She will live the rest of her life as "the little girl covering her ears" in all those balcony pictures.





DD has caught pieces of the replays of the wedding and she has been in awe for the past 24 hours and consumed by all things British monarchy. She thinks Prince Harry's "crazy hair" is funny. She thinks Catherine's sister, Pippa is beautiful (and her dress was prettier than Princess Kate's). I told her I would buy her the Time or People (whoever puts it out) the Wedding book so she could ogle ALL she wanted! :) She told me this morning, she thought she would have looked good in the flower girls' dress and she would have done a better job than those flower girls. (Sorry - your invitation probably got lost between England and here...geez!)




And I really liked Catherine's evening party gown - VERY pretty! Camilla....yeah, not so much...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 AM

    Great pictures and that little girl was adorable with her hands over her ears! Love that the pictures you chose 'hid' Camilla.
    My favorite thing was checking out all the hats! Very creative and evidently, anything goes.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself glued to the tv before heading to work friday too! I told myself I wouldn't...It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is way awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.