Sunday, December 04, 2011

Holiday happenings



Season's Greetings!!!! I hope this finds you & yours preparing cheerfully for the holidays.

If I may make a gift suggestion for those of you who have elementary aged children to buy for....

MOM'S BACKYARD ZOO by Susan Ferris, illustrated by Phil Rood (my brother)


It's a great rhyming poem/story with fun illustrations. I hope you'll buy a copy and spread the word. (artwork from amazon.com)
*********************
Other Christmas/winter activities:

For those of you who may be traveling through the northwestern part of Indiana, and have a little bit of time, stop by the Indiana Visitors Centor in Hammond for: A CHRISTMAS STORY COMES HOME display. I wouldn't go out of my way, but it is fun to stop and see if you are passing through.

If you have more time and are in the Cleveland, Ohio area...stop by A CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE. It has been restored to the way it looked in the movie and is a lot of fun to walk through. There is a fee ($10/adult & $6 for kids 7-12; under 7 are free) to take the tour but for fans, it is worth it!

In the Chicago area, check out WINTER WONDERFEST at Navy Pier. We haven't been for a few years, but it was a lot of fun with lots of activities/rides/skating rink. Again, there is a charge and parking if you drive to the Pier.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your brother is an illustrator? I wrote down the title of the book to pick up for my childrens bookshelf.
    Love all the tid-bits of info you give..you rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.