Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, Day 3

KNIT & CROCHET BLOG WEEK 2012

Day 3, Today's topic:
Your Knitting Or Crochet Hero
Blog about someone in the fibre crafts who truly inspires you. There are not too many guidelines for this, it's really about introducing your readers to someone who they might not know who is an inspiration to you. It might be a family member or friend, a specific designer or writer, indie dyer or another blogger. If you are writing about a knitting designer and you have knitted some of their designs, don't forget to show them off.

My response:
I would say that I have two yarn arts heros. (In no particular order...) First, would be my great-grandmothers - both of whom crocheted. There were many afghans in our house while I was growing up that they had made. I taught myself to crochet in junior high when scrap yarn came into our house from them. Second would be my sister. She taught me how to knit - she's an amazing knitter and I LOVE looking at her projects. (She also sews a lot too...) You can check out her blog here: CHEESE PIRATE. She's amazing! If you are on Ravelry, you can check out her profile to see her projects: CHEESE STICKS ON RAVELRY. I hope to someday aquire the talent she has in her pinky finger but won't hold my breath on it.

Thanks Grandmas and Sis for the inspiration!!!!! You are all amazing!

Post tag: 3KCBWDAY3

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Both of your great grandmothers were self-taught, as well! I agree that Amy is fabulous but don't sell yourself short. You are fabulous, also. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I will try and remember to blog about this topic. And I love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:03 PM

    Thanks, sis! And listen to my mom ... I mean, your mom ... our mom ... if we unite our Wonder Twin powers ("Knitting!" "Crochet!") we can save the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.