Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday Fun - Election version

Seeing as election day is right around the corner (don't forget to vote Tuesday...). I found a couple of my older blog posts about voting.  Enjoy!

From November 8, 2006 post:
In other "news" - I DID vote yesterday. It was an agonizing process. I had to take DD with me so that was an adventure in in itself. She LOUDLY proclaimed as we walked in that the people were "hiding". Everyone in the place was rolling.... So I get my ballot and take her in the booth with me and she insists that she wants to "play your game with you". I explain quietly that it is for big people and that it's not a game, it's voting. She looked at me and said "We are boating?" and begins to sing "Row Row Row your Boat". UGH!!!!!!! I am ready to die of embarassment at this point because she is NOT quiet. When I finally finished, everyone in the place was watching us and a few of the ladies were crying they were laughing so hard. I'll probably have my voters card revoked.
(our DD was 2 1/2)

From my November 8, 2008 "recap" post:
Mon., November 3 - One day until election day. DD told us how the election works....
DD: John McCain and Rock Abomber want to win. People go into the little house (voting booth) and pick who gets to be re-present. I think it comes in a box.
Me: What?
DD: Re-present. You know, like you open.
Me: It's president, not present. President, it's a person.
DD: Ooooohhhh. Well, whoever wins gets to live in a big, white house.
If only 4 year olds ran the world...I'm sure we'd all laugh a lot more!

Tues., November 4 - ELECTION DAY! I hope you all voiced your vote - whatever it may have been. Good for you! We took DD with us to vote so she could see how it was set up - she was very quiet and got her very own "I voted" sticker. She was quite impressed with herself. Her class held it's own election that day between Mrs. Fox (DD), Mrs. Beaver and Mr. Bear. When I picked her up she proudly proclaimed "I voted for myself!" She lost by a landslide but I think everyone was ok with it. :-)

Wed., November 5 - DD's opening question in the kitchen.... "Who got bought for President, John McCain or Bara Obama (getting closer)?" After DH almost picked himself up off the floor - sorry, we both had to laugh over that comment. We told her that Barak Obama was going to be the next president. Her response "Oh. Can I have my cereal now?" Life goes on....
I hope this election will be just as much fun...
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 AM

    I'd forgotten about those stories. You gotta love a child's perspective on adult topics. During the last election I was in my voting booth and someone's child was 'turned loose' while they voted. She kept peeking at all of us by ducking under the booth and looking up at us. It was funny but made concentration a little harder. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO funny! I love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha "row row row your boat"... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ago got bought for president?! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.