Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Book reviews

The Sugar QueenThe Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Genre: Southern fiction

Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorite authors. Her book blend romance and magic perfectly.
I loved this book! The characters and storyline are believable AND magical!

A Kiss at Midnight (Fairy Tales, #1)A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Genre: Romance

This the first book I have read by Ms. James.
I really enjoyed the first book of this series. It's a fun spin on the classic Cinderella fairytale. I'm looking forward to reading more of this series.

And this recent book review: Beyond Belief

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Given that you're a librarian, you're probably the best person to ask this to -

    Do you have any good series recommendations for a girl who reads on a middle school level? She's already read the Harry Potter series about 6 times through. And I won't let her read Twilight yet. So can you think of any age appropriate series I should get Lexie into? She is a very quick reader, so the thicker the better. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the first author, but I need to check her out! Southern Fiction sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Southern Fiction is actually a genre? Wow! I didn't know that.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.