Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A rebuttal (sort of)...

to life!

Thank you to all of you for your understanding of my post about blogging. It's nice to know I'm not "alone" in that boat.

Sometimes life throws a lot of fastballs right at you and it can be frustrating and painful! Last week, I felt like they were just slamming into my chest and gut.

The past couple of weeks have been really hard on our Little Miss at school. There has been some bullying and teasing from her classmates. She had many stomachaches but never hesitated to go to school - which I think shows her strength.  Her teacher and the assistant principal have been on the situation and are aware of it. It just makes my heart hurt for her!  She said the end of the week last week was a little better and I hope that trend continues.  Here's hoping for a good week for her!

Last week, with the guidance of a wonderful bloggy friend (thanks, Jessy) - I was led to a new-to-me blog:  Prayerful Bloggers.  I have joined these ladies on the blog now and their Facebook group. I hope to revisit and re-evaluate my faith (which has waivered on many occassions) and keep a positive attitude (for myself and others).  These ladies have been very welcoming and supportive.

I don't usually get into religion on my blog because I don't like to stir up topics that some people can get riled up about. BUT - I do want to disclose the following information regarding this topic:
*I DO believe in God (I have never doubted that)
*I was raised Catholic but due to some circumstances/situations (which I won't disclose here), I have left the Catholic faith but haven't yet found a church I am comfortable in.

So, I feel a little less tense this week (so far) and hope it stays that way!

6 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers for you and your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your daughter is going through this. It seems a lot of people are needing prayers these days and my list is growing.

    I am too believe in God and am Catholic. Like you my faith has wavered on and off throughout my life, but I have somehow always found my way back.
    Hope everything works out for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Jen.. sorry to hear what the little Miss is going through. Hugs and prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that's HORRIBLE! I wish your school had a no bullying policy like ours. My heart aches for Little Miss. I was bullied as a child and I hated school. HATED it. I hope she finds some real friends...lots of hugs being sent to her.
    As for religion..I'm in the same boat as you! I was Catholic, operative word "was". I now attend a local Christian church that I love so much, I just might join. Hugs my friend. Your family is my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.