Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Travel Tuesday, Days 3 & 4

Onward with our Universal Studios adventure


Day 3-We started our day with riding the Mummy roller coaster (after we had eaten a GIANT doughnut [as in it could feed 3-4 people giant]). I ended up almost getting sick so we cooled it for a while and wandered around.  Then off to Simpsons Land...
Waiting to ride The Simpsons Ride
 She got pulled out of the crowd to join in the Minions/Despicable Me parade. She had a blast!

The Mr. decided he wanted to go back to the room and lay down for a while. I stayed with the kids at the park and checked out the Curious George area of the park


When the Mr. returned, we had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron - yum!

We headed to Seuss Landing after lunch. They made an announcement over the PA while we were waiting in line to wish Sara a happy birthday - the entire station yelled it. She was pretty embarrassed - it was fantastic!

We got some snacks, rode a few more rides then went back to the hotel. The movie that night was Despicable Me, so we found chairs and relaxed.
*********************************
Day 4-We went to the park at opening and got in line to ride Minions. We waited an hour (a ride not worth our wait). Grabbed a late breakfast then decided since the park was packed, we would walk over to check out the Hard Rock Hotel.

We played a round of mini golf and had a great time doing that.

Mr. and Young Mr. went to see Deadpool while Little Miss and I went back to the hotel to play in the pool and relax.


We went back to the park for the evening (no one was at Islands of Adventure) so we watched the Harry Potter little stage shows - the Frog Chorus and Triwizard Spirit Rally. Little Miss was in heaven having her picture taken with both groups.


 We wrapped our evening with a ride on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and a leisurely walk back to the hotel.


Stay tuned for further recap and photos...

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I want to go back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just there last week too! We didn't get to ride the Minions ride as the wait was too long but I'm glad that we didn't waste the time by your review. I think my favorite ride was the Escape of Gringotts. We rode that first when the park opened. Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - that sounds like a fun trip! We just got back from Walt Disney World. I want to see the Wizardry World of Harry Potter - maybe my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my how fun!! This is a birthday and vacation little miss will NEVER forget! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time..wish you took a picture of that doughnut though lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.