Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Tuesday night misc. post

Hello! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Very uneventful here!

Disclosure: this post will be random things, no real rhyme or reason.

First, Welcome to the White House President & Mrs. Obama. I don't usually get real involved with politics but "big" events like this require a mention. May you have a successful 4 years...I don't envy you! I will say, however, that I have enjoyed watching those 2 little girls be little girls - they seem awestruck by celebrities but can be calm and collected in front of a huge crowd. (photo from Yahoo)


Second, I added a tenth of a mile to my distance on the treadmill. I've been doing 32 minutes for the past week and last night, I broke the mile and a half mark. One small step, I know, but it felt good to me.

Third, if you like guitar music - you have to check out Brad Paisley's PLAY CD. It is FANTASTIC! He is an amazing guitar player and the songs are easy to listen to. He is joined by B.B. King, Andy Griffith, Keith Urban and others on a few of them. It is a rockabilly music style - just so you are warned. (cover picture from cduniverse.com)
Fourth - it appears as though the Cubs have entered a game of chess. They traded Felix Pie (no real loss there) to Baltimore for Olsen (pitcher - never heard of him) and a minor leaguer. Why you ask???? Because San Diego has shown interest in Olsen, and since the Cubs want Peavy - they know have another piece to play with. Sigh.... If we end up with Peavy - he better be GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!
Fifth, I did some knitting practice stitches over the weekend. I found one I really like and it's turning out nicely. (I'll post a picture when I get it done) Now I have to decide what I want to make with it.
I hope you're having a great week and things go well!

3 comments:

  1. I'm also hopeful about America's next 4 years ... just not the Cubs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 AM

    I want to be hopeful for America also. The current economic problems make me wonder what is going to happen but I am hopeful. No matter how bad things get, there is always a glimmer of hope!

    Gee, I hope the Cubs remember that! LOL

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you keeping up on the treadmill. I am keeping up with my work outs too, but jump rope is my least fav.

    DId you hear the blame game from the Cubbies that this year will be better because their won't be a 100 year pressure? :P

    Thanks for always stayin' close by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.