Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tales from the Library, part 10

Last night was an exciting evening at the library!

I have always worried about how big an infero the library would become is there was a fire...

I had been there for about 10 minutes when the fire alarms went off. My co worker had burned her popcorn in the microwave. (Insert giggling here)

They had us evacuate the building. It AMAZES me how hard it is to get people to leave.

So, we all go outside - it was a beautiful evening - and wait for the fire department. We watch them pull up and my co-worker who burned her popcorn explained to them what happened. The looks on their faces were priceless! They ribbed her a little before going in to double check and get the alarm turned off.

We had to wait about 45 minutes outside. The silver lining is:
No one got hurt!
It was nice outside and we got to soak that up.
The cute firemen came to the rescue!

The johnny rain cloud side is:
It smelled pretty bad and probably will for a day or two.

How was your evening?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Burned popcorn is an awful smell! We had a co-worker who burned his bag of popcorn so much that it started on fire. The teacher's lounge smelled so bad that nobody went in there for 2 days. Airing it out did no good. I don't think he ever made another bag of popcorn! LOL
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library break! But nothing smells worse than burnt popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:39 PM

    That is so funny. of course because there was no actual fire. I hope the smell dissipates soon (burnt popcorn is the worst!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is some excitement the library usually doesn't see :)
    Burnt anything in a microwave is so terrible. So I am sure it does smell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad it was popcorn and nothing more! But it did sound like a fun break from work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.