Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Winter Reading Challenge

I have decided to participate in...
Semi Charmed Kind of Life Winter Reading Challenge

Reading is to be done November 1, 2014 through February 28, 2015.

Here is my list to read....
5 points: Freebie!  Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
10 points: Read a book written by an author who has published at least 10 books.  The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
10 points: Read a book of short stories.  Girls Night In
10 points: Read a book with a food in the title. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
15 points: Read the first book in a series that is new to you.   Deja Dead By Kathy Reichs
15 points: Read a book that was originally written in a language that is not your native language.  All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (German to English)
15 points: Read a book written by a local author.  Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (Chicago area author, 345 pages)
20 points: Read a "bookish book." The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
20 points: Read a book with a direction in the title.  Murder in the South of France by Susan Kiernan-Lewis (Kindle book, 326 pages)
25 points: Read a book from a genre you don't usually read.  From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris (fantasy genre)
25 points: Read a book with a song lyric in the title. Under the Boardwalk by Carly Phillips and The Drifters
30 points: Read two books with a different meal in each title.  Progressive Dinner Deadly by Elizabeth Spann Craig (216 pages) & Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland

#SCWBC14 

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad Rebecca is at the top of your list. I still have to get some books together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 PM

    How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good choices! I love The Book Thief, Me Before You and Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I may have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl!! Looks very ambitious and I'm a tad jealous that you can read that many books in such a short amount of time. Not because we don't have the same number of hours in a day, but because I'm a slow reader. Good luck and I hope you excel at the challenge..which I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.