Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Update

Hello to you all!

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about a new wellness challenge that was starting at our workplace. We are now 2 weeks in and I have been doing pretty well.

The challenge is to consume your daily amount of recommended water (your weight divided by 2 = oz. to drink) and 5 servings of fruits and veggies.

I have met the water part everyday so far, except for 1. I have eaten 2-3 servings of fruits and veggies every day. I have had no pop on those 2 weeks, either. Believe me, these are both HUGE improvements on what I was eating and I am much more conscience of what I drink.

I am feeling a little better, more energetic and "lighter". This is easy to do when I have others in our office participating and we can "announce" what glass of water number we are on for the day or share an apple with each other. My hope is to keep this up when the challenge ends.

I have been walking more and started using hand weights this week to start toning my arms a little more. (sorry to those of you following me on Pinterest, I know I've been bombarding the board with workouts and healthy food pins).

Have a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! It does get easier. I haven't had a soda in 3 years and don't miss it at all. Step away from the processed fooods too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great so far!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Once you cut out the sodapop, you'll find that it's waaaay easier to get in all the water you should be drinking (and then some!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I'm doing the Whole Life Challenge now (about halfway through the 8 weeks) and I definitely feel better with a lot less junk and a lot more water in my diet too ... keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh congrats!!! I think little steps and goals are the most successful. I am getting ready for another green smoothie challenge tomorrow. Less sugar and carbs and no soda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Way to go! I know I need to eat healthier and probably drink more water.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.