Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Accountability

I could make a WHOLE list of excuses, but that is just a cop out. So - here is my confession.

I will be the first to admit - I have REALLY let myself go since Thanksgiving.  I have been eating terribly; not exercising (other than walking around work); and not drinking as much water as I should be.

That being said (and the fact that my pants don't fit quite right now) - I am going to turn things around. (Or at least...that's my plan)  I would like to lose about 5 pounds and get myself back in shape.

I started drinking water this week. I drank 80 ounces on Monday and 144 ounces yesterday. So, I am raising my water glass to Wednesday. Cheers!

My cousin convinced me to sign up for MY FITNESS PAL. I can track what I eat, how much water I drink and my exercise. I am hoping I can get her to encourage me.  (If anyone would like to add me as a friend - I am, jmmcgee1)

The next step is finding a gym to join. I figure if I'm paying for a membership, I will be more likely to go.

Who is with me?

7 comments:

  1. It's hard sometimes to keep in a routine, I am finally getting back into mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear! I'm tired of being fat, too, but thankful for it, because it's currently -2ºF out. BUT THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE.
    Enough of me, I hope your pants fit soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! I started Fitness Pal and its really helped me - I have a hard time losing so tracking everything is good. A lot of gyms have FREE try before buy - take advantage of that. I highly recommend crossfit - for one thing you aren't riding a machine being bored. Its a bit pricey but you get a coach for each class and they cover nutrition among other things. No matter how much I hurt I can't wait to get up and go each and every day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! I always drink less h2o in the winter ... I am too cold to drink more!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added you on MFP :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I'm right there with ya! I sent you a friend request on MFP, I'm immimito2. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My post scheduled for Friday is all about this topic! Healthy living for sure!
    I have an account at my fitness pal but haven't really used it. If I get going on it again, I will look for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.