Monday, January 09, 2017

A moment please


I have not properly acknowledged the 2016 World Series Champs - THE CUBS!!!!!!!! here.

The whole World Series was an emotional roller coaster. The Indians came into it on fire and I was very nervous about what they could do. I hope those guys know that I commend them on an awesomely played Series! It was a helluva a ride for both sides.

After Game 7 ended, my Mr. put our W flag out and I bawled like a baby. We could hear the yells, cheers, screams and car horns ALL over town! It was so amazing!

MLB Network played their World Series film recap yesterday afternoon. That was the first time I had sat to watch a recap of it because I hadn't felt emotionally prepared. UGH! The emotions were still there - I cheered; cried and had stomach knotting while watching it. I'm not proud of my actions as I knew the outcome but OH MAN!!!! Kudos to MLB for putting together a fantastic recap.


November 2, 2016 will always hold a spot in my heart as THE ultimate baseball date.


November 4, 2016 will hold another spot - the PARTY for these awesome guys. My Mr., Young Mr. and myself took the train into Chicago (and watched the sun come up while riding) to celebrate with 5 million of our closest friends.
Camped out in our "spot" for the parade
Behind where we were standing
The city dyed the river blue (not my photo)
We ended up right by one of the confetti cannons so that just added to the festiveness of the day
PS: My Mr. was taking photos during the parade because I was busy screaming and yelling
Travis Wood holding the World Series trophy
 
It was an amazing day!

PS: A HUGE shout out to all the law enforcement that the city called upon that entire 10 day stretch for keeping things lawful and safe. You worked long, tiring hours and I know it wasn't always easy.


Getting OUT of the city is a story for another day - my husband became my super hero in that moment!

1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing ride!!!! Hubby is from Chi-town and he was over the moon that they won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.