Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekend recap-St. Louis

First and most importantly, I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!

We spent Saturday and Sunday in St. Louis with the main reason being to watch the Cubs/Cardinals game on Sunday.

We went to our favorite BBQ place in St. Louis for lunch on Saturday - Pappy's. It was delicious, as always! Then we went down to The Loop to walk around. The Loop is such a fun neighborhood to walk around and poke in the shops. The St. Louis Walk of Fame is in that 'hood (make sure you check that out).

We took a drive around Forest Park (the old mansions are incredible!) and drove by the Basilica. (One of these days I will go inside - lots of weddings on a Saturday so no go)


We stayed in Collinsville (cheaper and out of the way) at the Doubletree. It was a nice, clean hotel and really quiet.
(Notice anything unusual about the artwork on the room wall?)
(Yes, it's the same photo)

I had been fighting a migraine most of the day so I slept for a couple of hours, then we all just relaxed for the evening.

Sunday, we grabbed a quick breakfast and headed into St. Louis to get parked and soak in some Cards/Cubs atmosphere. Our seats were the second to last row in the stadium BUT the view was GREAT and we could see everything.





I don't like the Cardinals but I really do like their stadium!

The Cubs lost, 5-0, so that wasn't the happiest of games to watch but we sat with several nice Cardinals fans in our section.

I hope you all had a great weekend!
#stlouis

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!!!! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures on the wall-how funny! Looks like you had a great time and I'm glad your headache went away at least enough for you enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.