Sunday, October 07, 2007

Another baseball post...

Chicago Cubs, the tribe has spoken.... (actually the Diamondbacks decided)





YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH! It was pitiful! Just pitiful!!!!!! Seriously, the first pitch of the game was a home run by Young. It just went downhill from there. They left the bases loaded in the bottom of the 5th... just....just.... yeah.

So, in the time honored tradition, I will say:

Wait 'til next year!

On the bright side, our seats were pretty good. We could see the whole field and our section was VERY entertaining! The beer was flowing and the crowd was hilarious! After the 7th inning, I think most people had given up cheering, so we were just watching, half-heartedly clapping and watching everything going on around us. A couple rows down, a group of guys was acting out scenes from different baseball movies - they were hilarious! I wondered a few times if candid camera was there.

I would also like to say that the 5 Marines who presented the colors were walking through the concourse before the game and they got a huge ovation. It was very heartwarming and I got a little emotional. As I was waiting for my hot dog, Scott Eyre (Cubs pitcher) walked through the concourse behind me. I did a double take and he smiled at me, said "Enjoy the game." I told him "Good luck". I thought it was pretty brave of him to walk through there with the fans milling around.

And I swear I almost cried when I was walking up the steps to my seat. It hit me I was about to watch a playoff game and I felt quite overwhelmed. I don't know why but I was very teary eyed and tried to take it all in.

So, our baseball season is officially over and now I will have to wait until February. (And yes, you will probably hear me whine about this all winter...)

The weather has been VERY warm here! Nineties....hmmm....did anyone tell Mother Nature that it's October? Not complaining but I just don't want to go fromt his to 30 degrees. That's just cruel!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I know absolutely zilch/nowt/nothing about baseball LOL ... but I do love the animals photo's in your previous post - very special they are :) Hope all's well in your world hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(


    The Twins were super disappointing this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got to go to the Cubs game? My husband is originally from Illinois and although we live in TX now I guess his love of Chicago teams has rubbed off on our youngest son, he LOVES the Cubs and was utterly crushed when they got swept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.