Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Warm fuzzies!

In our area, there was an "animal crises" - a woman was hoarding dogs, cats & birds in her home. TERRIBLE!!!!!! (I won't go into all the details) Most of the dogs are still getting used to grass and being walked on a leash.

Yesterday, myself and 2 other ladies from our office went to the shelter where they are keeping these animals while the legal mumbo jumbo is being sorted out. We walked dogs for 2 hours. It was FANTASTIC! I have never owned a dog but have been wanting one. I fell in love with a little dauschund. I man!

It felt wonderful to get out and do something to help the community and the animals. They were so happy for the human contact.

Maybe we'll get a dog...

3 comments:

  1. What a NICE thing to do!! Watch out because when I allow myself to go to the shelter I always find a dog I fall in love with and think I need to bring home however they really are like a child, even more work in some cases, so you need to make sure you're ready. On the flipside, they can be so sweet & rewarding though! You'll know in your heart what the right thing is to do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do!!!

    We just got dog and he is a good addition to the family the kids adore him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great! I always loved having a dog growing up...they are so fun and loyal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.