Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday again

Hi!!!! Hope your Thanksgiving was nice and you had a great weekend! May this week be a good one for you.

The trees are up, decorated and lit. (Pictures to come) DD can't understand why we don't have outside lights. :) Call us the neighborhood Scrooges, if you want - they are a lot of work...

Saturday night, we went to Famous Dave's for dinner after I got done with work. It was SO yummy! We ate like crazy too - shame on us... :D

We got about 5" of snow Sunday and yesterday. Due to the fact that there is a salt shortage, there wasn't a lot of salt on the roads yesterday, thus making it very interesting driving. Not that our county is notorious for having great roads in the winter anyway...BUT! So winter has arrived! The temps have taken a nose dive!

I will try to get some of my weekend scrapping/card making posted this week. Yes, I actually did some!

The Cubs have "officially" parted ways with Kerry Wood and Bob Howry. I can't say as I'm real destroyed over this fact. I just hope they are wise in finding their "replacements".

We are debating what our family Christmas outing will be this year. We are kind of tired of Navy Pier, so we are searching to see what is available in the area. I am still on the hunt of DH's gift - he once again bought himself what I was going to get him - but have come up with some ideas. So, hopefully I can get that taken care of in the next couple of weeks.

Hope all is well and that you have a great week - thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. That must be a guy thing- because Matt ALWAYS buys himself what I was going to get him. We even have a rule- no buying for yourself in November and December- but it doesn't make any difference! :)

    Our tree is up, and we got our outside stuff out. Olivia keeps demanding "more lights" on the house. LOL. Matt says it looks like Xmas threw up on our street since our house and the 2 across the street are really lit up. :) Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:10 AM

    Oh yes, with you on the outside lights hun LOL Our tree has been up for over a week now, never been known so early ... glad you;re all OK Jen, it's always good tohear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling with my guy's present too. Got him some movies he wanted but that doesn't seem like enough! He bought what he wanted before Christmas too! Grr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look out ... more snow headed our way! YAY! :D Thanks for all of your well wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.