Thursday, May 10, 2012

Friendship

"Make new friends, but keep the old..."

I think we've all heard this. The older I get, the more true it becomes for me.

In this day and age, it's easy to "meet" people on-line and get to know them. I have had the honor of meeting some wonderful people on-line in different forums, message boards and blogs. Some of them I continue to be in contact with them, others have gone by the wayside.

Do I still treasure my elementary school/junior high/high school friendships?  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!  I am still friends with many of my school classmates.  Are we as close as we used to be? I don't think so - we don't see each other as much as we used to and we all have our lives/kids/work to deal with.  We keep in contact as we can though. Do I treasure my on-line friendships?  YES!!!!!  Many of these ladies know quite about my life and are "shoulders" to lean on.

I think that ALL my friendships I have had over the course of my life - no matter how short or long they may have lasted - have all helped shape me and how I handle different relationships. 

I hope everyone has treasured friendships in their lives!

2 comments:

  1. What a great subject! I do treasure my cyber friends!
    Have a great day, my online friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Friendships, rather in person or online, are important. Ain't it great to have friends?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.