Thursday, May 03, 2012

Tales from the Library, part 5

Happy May!!!!

This installment of Tales I would like to call: 

Mom Embarasses Daughter

As I stand at the circulation desk (with my back to the patrons) I hear:
"MOM!" (in an panicked voice) "You can't get those!" 
Hmmmm....this sounds interesting, I think to myself. So I casually turn around (I hate to miss something good, you know!) and see mom and probably her junior high age daughter standing at the desk. Daughter is wearing "that look" (you all know the one...) and you can read EVERY thought going through her mind.

Mom says, very calmly, "I can and I am."

Now my curiosity is KILLING me. So I peek at the items in question and take a quick peek at daughter who I am pretty sure is thinking... 'if anyone from school sees this...'.  The items being checked out?




OMG - I was mentally dying laughing (any maybe choking on my laughter a little...)! 

Barry Manilow - ok; Michael Bolton - yeah, not cool.

So the whole time they are getting their items checked out, the daughter is dancing around nervously and mom is taking her time.  (We all worked very hard stifling our giggles while they were there - even though I'm pretty sure mom knew we were about bursting!) They finally collect their items and head out and the parting comment we hear daughter say is, "Well you are NOT going to listen to those while I am around you!" 

Mom's response?  "I am going to listen to them on the way home."

That did us in at the desk, we were all dying laughing.  And we heard the exasperated sigh from daughter then.

Ahhhhh - it's the little things that make you laugh!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha; that's great!!! Michael Bolton, I don't know if I could do it, but I have Barry Manilow's entire discography on my iPod and I listen to it proudly!!

    (hopefully the Mom sang along to it in the car, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Eric gave me a Michael Bolton VHS one year for Christmas. I still have it!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:28 PM

    It wouldn't be any fun if you couldn't put the windows down and sing REAL loud with good old Barry! I still have some of his cassette tapes that I proudly play on occasion. This should be a chapter in your book!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.