Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Movies....


I've watched a few movies lately...

Moneyball PosterIMDb synopsis:  Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to put together a baseball club on a budget by employing computer-generated analysis to acquire new players.

My review: I was disappointed in this movie. I guess I thought there would be more baseball action in it. It was a lot of the business of baseball (which was interesting to a point) but I don't think I would recommend it to anyone.
2 stars

One for the Money PosterIMDb synopsis:  Unemployed and newly-divorced Stephanie Plum lands a job at her cousin's bail-bond business, where her first assignment puts her on the trail of a wanted local cop from her romantic past.


My review: DULL!!!!!!!!! The book was WORLDS better! The highlight for me? The 30 seconds Debbie Reynolds was in it as Grandma Mazur.
1 star

The Avengers PosterIMDb synopsis:  Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.


My review:  FANTASTIC!  I was hoping I would enjoy this movie but I LOVED it!  There was humor, action and some background history.  I can't wait for the next one.
5 stars

And last weekend, we came across
American Graffiti Poster
on TV
I don't know how many times I've seen this movie but I still love it!
IMDb synopsis: A couple of high school grads spend one final night cruising the strip with their buddies before they go off to college.

5 stars from me!
**********************************
Remember this post?  It has a title:  At Any Price. They are still saying it will be out this year but that it might go to the Sundance Festival before it comes "to a theater near you".  We'll see, I guess!

Still on my "to see" list....
The Help
Horrible Bosses
The Lucky One
Madagascar 3
The Vow

What have you seen lately? What did you think of it?  I'm always looking for a good movie!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30 AM

    So glad we didn't spend the money to see 'One for the Money' in the theatre. It sounds awful and the book series is so good and so funny. Only 30 seconds of Grandma Mazur? Really? As Lula would say, "Hunh."

    'The Help' is really good but read the book first. It has a little more background in it.

    We've been waiting for some non-comic book/video game movies to come out and they are few and far between these days. Hoping for other suggestions.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a lot of movies lately.
    I wasn't all fired up with Money Ball either.

    I loved The Help. The book was good too.

    Recently I've seen (that I would recommend) Hugo..absolutely LOVE that movie.

    The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo (Swedish version).

    It's Complicated. I just Steve Martin had a bigger-more "like Steve" roll, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.