Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday book review

Book #1 done for the summer...

Rain Song

Rain Song by

 Nicole Michelin avoids airplanes, motorcycles, and most of all, Japan, where her parents once were missionaries. Something happened in Japan...something that sent Nicole and her father back to America alone...something of which Nicole knows only bits and pieces. But she is content with life in little Mount Olive, North Carolina, with her quirky relatives, tank of lively fish, and plenty of homemade pineapple chutney. Through her online column for the Pretty Fishy Web site, she meets Harrison Michaels, who, much to her dismay, lives in Japan. She attempts to avoid him, but his e-mails tug at her heart. Then Harrison reveals that he knew her as a child in Japan. In fact, he knows more about her childhood than she does...
My review: I downloaded this free to my Kindle quite a while ago. I wasn't expecting this to be real good. I was pleasantly surprised. The storyline was interesting, the characters (especially Nicole) were endearing. I would recommend this book.  As a SMALL disclaimer: it is Christian fiction.
Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Another one for my list. Thanks.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like one to add to my book club reading list. Thank you for the review, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading the plot, it sounds pretty good - I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.