Monday, July 29, 2013

Music Monday - the concert edition

Happy Monday!
If I don't have anything big to post, I plan to have a "Music Monday" post. I hope you'll tune in...

Today's topic is:

CONCERTS!

I truly enjoy going to concerts. I like seeing the performers I listen to on the radio, live. I have been to several in my lifetime and hope I can continue to go through my life. In a silly way, I hope I'm that crazy old lady at shows that's still dancing and singing along. (And no, I'm not one of those who shows up drunk - I don't think I've ever gone having had A drink, let alone several...)

Anyway, I started to think about all the shows I've been to and started making a list. WOW! I surprised myself at how many I'd been to (most with my DH).

My parents took us to a couple of shows at a local theatre when we were kids: The Diamonds (you know-the group from the 1950s...). That was a fun show!

My mom (God love her!) took 5 of my friends and myself to see New Kids on the Block for my 16th birthday (some years ago...). How she dealt with the 6 screaming teenage girls she took, along with the THOUSANDS of others, I'll never know!  THANKS, MOM!!!!!!  (PS: DH - I would love to see one of their reunion concerts...just saying!)

I had the chance to see Bryan Adams when he performed at Illinois State (again, some years ago...). He's an amazing guitar player and put on a GREAT show!

I don't think I attended another concert for quite a while. In the 15 years my husband and I have been married, we have been to quite a few. Guess who we've seen the most times? (If you have read my blog for any length of time, you SHOULD know this)
This guy:

Kenny Chesney, a total of four times (in three different venues).
2002: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems Tour with Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Sara Evans and Phil Vassar
2008: The Poets & Pirates Tour with Luke Bryan, Gary Allan, LeAnn Rimes and Keith Urban (PS: Jake Owen played outside the stadium before the concert)
2012: Brothers of the Sun Tour with Jake Owen, Grace Potter and Tim McGraw
2013: No Shoes Nation Tour with Kacey Musgraves, Eli Young Band and Eric Church  [this concert will be posted about my post tomorrow...]
I have never been disappointed by one of his shows!

You know who else hasn't disappointed?
This lady:

Miranda Lambert plays a mean guitar and has an incredible voice. We've seen her twice and hope to catch her again soon!
2010: Revolution Tour with Josh Kelley and Eric Church
2013: Locked and Reloaded Tour with Thomas Rhett and Dierks Bentley

We have a summer festival in our community that brings through some bigger music stars. We have seen:
Joan Jett (we've seen her twice, once at the festival and once with Cheap Trick):

Phil Vassar (talk about an energetic performer!!!):

Sara Evans (seen her as KC's opening act and as a headliner - fun show):

My list of concerts I would like to go to is endless! Near the top of that list are:
Brad Paisley
Aerosmith
Carrie Underwood
Blake Shelton
Maroon 5
Lady Antebellum

Who have you seen in concert?  Who do you want to see?
(Don't be embarassed - I'd love to know!)

Some of our random concert pictures:


9 comments:

  1. You've gotten such great concert photos, Jen. It's been ages and ages since I've been to a concert, but I love to see Jim Brickman when he comes to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the concert photos!! I have seen Aerosmith 11 times (they are my all time fave band!!) ... Elton John/Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, Metallica... ohhhhh and I was a roadie for U2's Rattle and Hum tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Great photos! Most of my concerts were either through free tickets or Jazz Fest shows. Favorites have been Rod Stewart (in the 1970s and a few years ago!), Counting Crows, and Dave Matthews Band. I've never seen my most favorite band, U2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post:) My DH and I have never been to a concert together! We bought tix to Sara Evans once but they changed the National Guard drill that month and we had to miss it! She is still high on the list of concerts to see along with Toby Keith. They are just too expensive around here! Some shows I saw and loved: U2, Eric Clapton (in my family its almost a right of passage to go with our family when you are 16!), Bob Dylan, GooGoo Dolls, Billy Joel...I was the sucker that took my sister in to see 98* when she was a teenager. And I'm (now) embarrassed? to say I saw Ricky Martin two nights in a row. With my mom. we loved him:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was GREAT concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun post!

    our all time favorite concerts are of course U2. And seeing them in Dublin live was a dream come true for us! So that was like the crowning achievement of concerts for me :)

    In the past two years we have seen The Black Keys, Radiohead, Jane's Addiction, and Vampire Weekend. We are going to a festival here in the fall where the headliners are The Killers, the National and Alabama Shakes to name a few.

    I would love to see the Foo Fighters and Duran Duran (left over from grade school days)

    Blake Shelton was just here last Saturday but I missed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Phil Vassar is SUCH an energetic performer! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love concerts as well, not to many around my area though.
    But seem to drive my girl to a different province for theirs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:58 AM

    My first concert was Aerosmith!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.