Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring is coming!

Believe it or not, friends - spring is coming!

It's been a long, long winter here in Illinois! BUT - the calendar says it will be in 9 days. The baseball calendar says it will be in 18 days.
(And I am not fooled - this will be another bad year for the Cubs as they "rebuild" yet again...)
 
I have gotten 3 seed and plant catalogs in the mail in the last week (that's got my mind thinking spring!). The birds are chirping in the mornings - the temps are slightly warmer during the day and the snow is starting to melt. I want to believe that under that snow, the crocus are out and the tulips and daffodils are thinking about coming out.
 
What are your favorite things about spring?

8 comments:

  1. I am so ready for Spring. The trees are already blooming here in GA - so pretty!! I love all the colors of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about Spring would have to be planting flowers! I ordered a shipment of Tuberose! The unofficial smell of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your garden. I just planted some herbs and hopefully I'll get to use them before they die. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhh I forgot .... another season of listening to hubby cry over the Cubs ... *sigh* ... at least I have my Yankees *wink* :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love planting a new garden when spring arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:13 AM

    I love the return of the birds, being able to go out and work in the garden with the sun on my back, and baseball!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I don't know whether to believe you...This is the never ending winter! We've actually had lots of showers, and I actually enjoy listening the rain fall ushering in Spring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.