Sunday, March 30, 2008

"If it's too loud - you're too old"





Words spoken by my DH BEFORE the concert started last night!!!!! WE'RE TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!

We went to see Joan Jett and Cheap Trick last night. Our seats were really good - next to the stage - we could see everything! As we sat and waited for the show to start, we looked up and saw 2 banks of about 10 speakers each, in our face. "Ok, no big deal." WRONG!!!!!!! By the time Joan Jett was half done with her set, our ears were ringing - and they still are this morning. However, I would like to say, for the MOST part - we were on the younger end of that concert crowd. It was hilarious to see, for the most part, the age group of 35 - 60, acting like teenagers. Granted, we had a couple of those moments ourselves.... It really was a good time, we were just reminded that we are getting older, as our the groups we went to see.... ; ) Of course, my camera died as the concert started but I managed to squeeze a couple of pictures out of it - sorry they aren't better.

On another note (in case you missed the new tunes) the Cubs home opener is tomorrow!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm hoping for a great season! (and for decent weather tomorrow...) You will be hearing much about the season this spring and summer - brace yourselves.


Hey, guess what - I made a scarf. Yes, I know winter is almost over but I made a scarf. I like it and can't wait to wear it...oh, wait! I mean, I can't wait to show it off. I will be MORE than happy to not wear it due to the cold/snow.


Monica - here's my new 'do. Not the best picture... This is the unstraightened version. I really like it - new place, new stylist.








I hope you've had a good week/weekend. May this week be good to you too!

HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at the concert. OUr home opener isn't until April 8th

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny! I like the title of this post and then your hubby's comment - I think we are all too old for speakers blasting right in front of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I love it! So cute! Sorry it took me so long to see it... Spring break and all, you know, I was a little disconnected. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.