Monday, February 17, 2014

Literary Junkies Link Up

Happy Tuesday!
I hope your week is going well.


Another monthly link up with the Literary Junkies!
(I'm sure due to operator issues, I can't get the button to link in my post, BUT the button to the right should link you there!)
You can join the group through Facebook, they've had some great reads in the past, join in!

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I JUST finished The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate. This is a juvenile book and WOW! it is an amazing book! How does a captive gorilla try to save a captive baby elephant? It's heartbreaking and heartwarming.

2. What books are on your bedside table at the moment?
Serena by Ron Rush (March's Junkie read)
Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

3. Amazon recently released the 100 books to read in a lifetime. What did they miss that you would add? (Link to the List: HERE)
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wells
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

4. Are there any books being published in 2014 that you are anxiously awaiting? If so, what are they?
Return to Tradd Street by Karen White (4th in the series)

5. Name the next 3 books in your To Be Read List (the ones you will be reading next on your list.)
Serena by Ron Rush
Fairest of All by Serena Valentino
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

14 comments:

  1. Oh good point about The Wizard of Oz. That makes me also think that the Chronicles of Narnia should have been on the list too.

    What Alice Forgot is waiting for me on the kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Mollie Cox Bryan's latest "Death of an Irish Diva" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just finished bossypants! and now some david sedaris because i heart him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to buy Serena- hope it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get more into reading and am about to start the Divergent series! My husband and I actually listened to Wizard of Oz as an audio book over Christmas!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently reading A.D. Millers "Snow Drops" it is a thriller set in Russia in the early 2000s, it is interesting and holds my attention but it was written by a man and I always find their descriptions and take on women so interesting.....

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read What Alice Forgot but I'll save my review for when you've finished it. :) I'm about to start Gone Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, i picked up A year of living biblicly and tried to read it but no go! it's just too slow so i'll try again in a few months. that said, i've had this been for years yet can't seem to get through it :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:06 PM

    The One and Only Ivan was amazing!!!! I also loved The Glass Castle, Serena, and What Alice Forgot :)

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/literary-junkies-14/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of the One and Only Ivan - looks like a tearjerker! Looking forward to reading Serena - the waiting list at the library is too long so I may have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confession - I've never read Gone with the Wind! I should probably do that, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that Gone With the Wind definitely should have been on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Serena is on my to read list also. I really enjoyed What Alice Forgot. It kept me guessing the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh...yes! They should've had Gone with the Wind on that list!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.