Thursday, February 13, 2014

A-Z Book Survey

First, thank you to those of you who shared your "little moments" yesterday. They all made me smile!
 
On to today's fun...
I saw this post on Army Ever After (please go check out her blog!) and was inspired to give my own answers.



A: Author you've read the most books by:
That’s tough! Probably Debbie Macomber
B: Best sequel ever:
I really enjoyed the Candy Shop Mystery series by Sammi Carter – they were all enjoyable and I wish there was another one…
C: Currently reading:
Serena by Ron Rush

D: Drink of choice while reading:
In the morning, coffee; the rest of the day, usually water
E: E-reader or physical book:
I read both and they both have their benefits.
F: Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
I think I might have developed a crush on the brothers in the Innsboro series by Nora Roberts
G: Glad you gave this book a chance:
Roses by Leila Meecham. I started this, put it away and tried it again almost a year later and LOVED it!
H: Hidden gem book:
Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen. I got it as a free Kindle download. Like many freebies, I didn’t expect a lot out of it but I LOVED it and still think about it.
I: Important moment in your reading life:
My mom read to us at an early age. I hope that my kids will remember my time reading to them as "important" too.
J: Just finished:
The Tangled Web by Mary Balogh
K: Kinds of books you won't read:
I struggle with sci fi and paranormal genres.
L: Longest book you've ever read:
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It took me almost 4 months but it was worth it.
M: Major book hangover because of:
Passing on this one...
N: Number of book cases you own:
Right now - none
O: One book you've read multiple times:
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I have read it once a year since I was about 10.
P: Preferred place to read:
Anywhere!
Q: Quote that inspires you:
"You know what love means? It means loving the person you are now and not the person you want someone to be or the person they will be." – Samantha Stroh Bailey
R: Reading regret:
The Twilight books and Wicked
S: Series you started but still need to finish:
Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomber
T: Three of your favorite books:
Little Women; the Little House books and lots of children’s picture books
U: Unapologetic fangirl for:
Sookie Stackhouse – I know I said I struggle with paranormal books, BUT there seems to be something about this series that grabs me and holds on. (And I’m NOT apologizing!)
V: Very excited for this release more than others:
Again, another tough one to answer. I am looking forward to The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes and reading the newest Tradd Street book by Karen White.
W: Worst bookish habits:
Zoning out and ignoring everything going on around me; the Mr. also tells me I have ‘a look’ when I’m ‘in the zone’.
X: X marks the spot--Start at the top of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book
I don’t have a bookcase to pick from…
Y: Your latest book purchase:
The Assassin Trilogy by Derek Haas for my Kindle
Z: Zzzz-snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way too late):
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I couldn’t put it down!

What would your answers be?
Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Impressive list! I read in spurts - love paranormal romance - happy endings and quick reads. I'm currently reading Purpose Driven Life - yeah I'm always late on the bandwagon. LOL. and I'm on a crocheting mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is great - I really want to read the Sookie Stackhouse books!
    I did this post a little while ago, here's the link if you'd like to see my answers ;) http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/booknerd-z-of-books.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Serena is the next book for Literary Junkies! You'll have to share what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Wicked a few years ago and haven't read it but I have seen the broadway show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute ABC list! One that I've actually never seen. My mom read to me when I was little too. All the way until I was in high school. PS. I'm not a Twilight fan either, and I couldn't get into Wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh I loveeeeeeee this!! I might do something like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I enjoyed the Twilight movies more than the books. I think that's the only time I've liked a movie more than a book! I take it you didn't like the books at all?

    I've just started the Harry Potter series which is a serious commitment for me. That will probably be all I have time to read this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.