Friday, August 22, 2008

U-S-A!

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I am truly enjoying the Olympics. I have had a good time watching the good ole USA win many times over. I find it exciting to watch all these amazing men and women - their physique, their ability - just astounds me! I hope I'm not the only one who will admit this, I've shed a few tears watching them too. The "struggle" that some of these athletes go through to get there or something goes wrong during their event. UGH! NBC did a closing "comments" the other night on some of the "little" stories - and the German superweight lifter that won the gold and held his wife's picture during the medal ceremony was touching, then of course good old Bob says "She had started a savings account last year to come to these games with her husband but was killed in an auto accident last year." Thank you, Bob - turn on the waterworks!
I have to say, in a way, I am glad they are ending on Sunday because I don't think I can take another week of staying up until 11 or 11:30 to watch them every night. I hope when they are in London in 2012 that the time thing will be a little easier...
While I was outside tonight with DD, I realized how much our neighborhood must have Olympic fever. There were a lot of kids out playing and I heard many cries of "He wins the gold medal" and "Now it's time for track and field". I had to giggle - it was fun!

Ok - just taking a scrap/Olympic break - back to it!
Have a GREAT weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I am totally suffering from Olympic fever! I love to watch, but it can be so exhausting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been watching it as much as in years past ... just bad timing with other activities going on ... but I always enjoy seeing people at the peak of their career doing what they do best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I wasn't going to watch...but how could anyone not watch Michael Phelps? Nastia Luikin and Shawn Johnson? The women's beach volleyball, for goodness sake!?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way! Now that I'm well, I don't blog nearly as much, as you no doubt could tell. We will be leaving for a vacation this Wednesday and we are all excited about it! We're going to Steamtown (a train museum) in PA. Looking forward to cooler weather--it'll be in the high 90's when we leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really enjoyed them, but I was sooo frustrated with the whole Chinese girls in gymnastics... I think US kids deserved a lot more than they got, but then again, I guess that's just my side of the story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.