Sunday, September 28, 2008

Give them wings

and let them fly. I'm sure that's in a song or a poem somewhere.

Reality check for mom! I realized when "the date" came to pick up "my baby" that I was going to have to relax and let it go. It was his 1st date! She's a nice young lady and DS had been looking forward to it this week. I got home LITERALLY 2 minutes before she got here - WHEW! (hated to miss that picture opportunity)

When she walked in the door, I saw 2 pairs of blue eyes twinkle, one because of "the sparkly dress" (DD) and one because of the girl in "the sparkly dress" (DS). So I only took a few pictures (with a few of our neighbors watching from their front porches) and as they pulled out of the driveway - I'll admit - I got a little misty and choked up.

To distract me though, DD threw herself down in the grass and cried because "she missed them". We took her to McD's for dinner and across the street that was a big group of kids all dressed for homecoming and she thought they looked "beautiful". She played video games and got her Wizard of Oz toy - all was well.

DS made it home by curfew - lucky for him. He reported he had a very good time and danced all night. Dinner was "ok" and her friends were "characters".

So, we have survived the 1st date. Does it get easier?????

4 comments:

  1. They look amazing! How funny about the little one "missing them." How sweet! Glad to hear you survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Ryan and his date looked great and I'm glad he had a nice time. As for the 'drama queen', she's going to probably have a lot more to miss in the future! Hang in there Jen!
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.