Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday's almost over...

After fighting a migraine for 24 hours, I'm feeling much better again - thank god!

Garage sales/Saturday: YES! Spent about $35. We got DD a stack of clothes - including stuff from Children's Place, Gap Kids, a Lands End winter coat. I found a purse and a set of Friends DVDs. I worked the afternoon at the library - it was nonstop from 1:00 to 4:00 then it just dropped off. I guess everyone went home or to the bar to watch the Huskies.

Sunday: Fair Day! It was a beautiful day! We got down there and wandered through the livestock barns. DH had me going when he said he had bought a bunny. Yes, I was going to kill him. Then DS gave him away by snickering... BRATS! We walked through the arts and crafts buildings. Tell me this is not THE coolest wedding cake! Come on...admit it. :-) We ran into my brother "on duty" there and DD wasn't so sure about that at first. Then while DH & DS went to the demo derby, I took DD to ride - and she had a blast! We wrapped up the day at Sonic, because DH can't be out of town without finding some way to get there.... I swear, that man...

Monday: Came home from work early because of my head. I slept most of the afternoon away.

Today: Ahhhh, yes! Class ring day....so, we went and ordered DS's ring. Needless to say, it was more than we were looking to spend...BUT - he's only getting one so we figured this way he would get what he wanted to on it. All I have to say is, he better not be giving it to some girl and he better be wearing it. Merry Christmas!

2 Peas Challenge for Wednesday: What is something you would like to find at an antique store....
Hmmm...where would I start? I actually like to look for the old tin cookie cutters. I have found a few.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

I leave you with a couple more fair pictures....


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 AM

    Booooo migraine. Glad you're feeling better; next time, I'll send my own DH to help you cure it: "Do you want me to punch you in the stomach so you don't notice it as much?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the migrine is gone. I love seeing old cookie cutters but have no clue where I would put them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to read that you feel better. Migraines are no fun, I get them from time to time. That cake is hilarious! Love that last picture of whatever it is, it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you on the garage sales. I LOVE garage sales. There haven't been too many here lately. I think it is just too hot! Maybe in another month or so. That is one of my favorite Sat. morning things to do. Luckily, the kids love to go,too. Glad to hear your migrane is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the migraines. I get them, too. So not fun. But whatever that food is in that last photo sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:07 AM

    I see we have the same great taste in cakes! That's awesome!!! I just loved this cake, I couldn't believe it didn't get one of those huge blue ribbons. And Sonic? Oh, I jumped for joy when I heard we were getting a sonic so close. We've been there once and they messed up our orders, but I'm willing to give it another go. Oh, the tater tots!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.