Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Happy September!

WOW - September! Summer is almost over...
Tonight's post will just be randomness, so here goes.

We had a GREAT Labor Day weekend! Saturday night was a bridal shower for my co-worker, Edith! It was fun and hope she enjoyed herself. Sunday was a family picnic/reunion with my dad's family. He is one of nine and they all showed up with children in tow - so it was a full picnic area. We had LOTS of fun and the weather was quite nice. Yesterday, the four of us headed to the zoo. Now - it was HOT yesterday and we were very thankful for the breeze that we did have.

Today - was almost a July type day - 90s, humid and sunny! WHEW! Tomorrow's forecast? Rainy and 70. Gotta love the Midwest - the weather changes constantly.

The great Halloween costume quest has begun. Oh, yes! Belle...DD wants to be Belle. My MIL made her a Belle dress, now we just have to find the gloves and shoes. So far, this has not been an easy feat - but we are NOT defeated yet!

The Cubs...oh boy! It was a rough weekend and I hope they can turn it around here REAL soon! 4 numbers came to mind over the weekend... (in a stage whisper) 1-9-6-9. That's all I'm going to say. So far (it's the 5th inning) the game is looking pretty good against Houston! Crossing my fingers...

I've finished another book (yes, I will soon be posting my summer readings) this morning. If you like a steamy romance, check out Carly Phillips. I finished
  • Hot Number
  • . Fun, easy romance to read. Thanks for another great book, Carly! (Like she'd read this...)

    Hope you all had a great Labor Day and that your short work week goes well!
    Thanks for stopping by and reading my rambling.
    HUGS!

    1 comment:

    1. Hey, I'm so happy to see you again.

      Now, you never know... Carly just might stop by. :-)

      The Angels are on a roll, too. Next month is going to be interesting... tee-hee!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    I love to hear from you.