Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catch-up Tuesday!

Friday afternoon, the carpet came!!!! It's down and our computer/craft room is functional!!!! WOO HOO!

Saturday, we had friends and their kiddos come to stay for the night. We had a great time and a nice visit. (She's starting to scrapbook too)

Sunday, was parade day! I didn't have my camera - sorry!!!!! DH & I were float judges so we had to be there early and worked with 3 other volunteers to look at them. It was SO windy (40 - 45 mph) and those poor floats were just falling apart! But there was a lot of creativity and time put into some of those and it was fun to be a part of it. We got to our seats a little before the parade started but had to run to get a blanket from the car. As I was heading back to where we were sitting, the color guard was coming through and it stopped me in my tracks to watch down the street as all those people got out of their seats as those flags went by. It made me very proud to live in this country. The parade was fun - the kids loved the bands. It sleeted during the parade. When we got home - it snowed. A lovely taste of winter....

It's been very cold the past couple of days - we had our first hard frost last night. No denying it, it's coming....

I hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Did you judge the bands also?

    I heard tht the parade was really nice this year but the wind was really hard of the floats and flag carriers!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that the craft / computer room is functional... I want to see pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the craft/computer room is functional now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.