Friday, October 10, 2008

Week in review & secrets

Let's see.....


Saturday - my friend Edith got married. She was a beautiful bride and her groom, John, was very handsome. I wish them many years of happiness and joy! We made it to the reception. Dinner was delicious. We enjoyed some dancing and visiting. Oh, and the Cubs season ended pitifully Saturday night.



Sunday - we went to Kite Festival for about an hour before the skies really opened up. So we got some lunch and came home. We watched the Bears game. After naps, the sun was out, so we decided to take the kite to the HS and so DS could play some tennis with DH & I - needless to say, I am VERY out of shape!!!!! (DS took this photo)







Monday - my parents celebrated their 35th anniversary! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!


Tuesday - we went to the mall after work to finish getting the rest of DD's Halloween costume. It was pretty quiet there and many of the stores had their summer stuff on clearance, so we got DS some new shirts.


Today - DS went to play disc golf with 6 (yes - 6!) girls from school. He was the only boy. Does this worry a mother? YOU BET!!!!! Bear in mind, this is after he said to me last night (when DH was teasing him about the girl he went to homecoming with not wanting to go out with him again playing hard to get) - "Well if that's how she wants to be, she can go to the back of the line because there's other girls waiting." I almost died laughing! Tonight, he's out with "the guys" for their annual pilgrimage to the local corn maze. They have gone every year for the last 3 or 4 and they have a good time.

Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet week - thank goodness!

*********************************
My blogging friend, Emily, tagged me with "6 Secrets". The "object" is to tell 6 secrets and then tag others. So I will start with tagging anyone who reads this!

My secrets (don't hold your breath on these):
1. In high school, I thought I would play piano or keyboards for a rock star.
2. I have a half-written romance story. My goal is to have it "published" by the end of 2009.
3. I really love my jobs but...I am somewhat envious of stay-at-home moms/dads. It's one of those things I've never been able to do and probably won't be able to. I hope you know how fortunate you are! :)
4. I have started watching General Hospital again - thank you, Soap Net!
5. I try to be the "sophisticated" library employee and read classics and good fiction - but I REALLY enjoy a good trashy romance.
6. I am a TERRIBLE housekeeper! The floor gets swept and the counters get wiped down regularly, other than laundry - not much else is done on a regular basis. I hate to admit it! My mom raised me much better than that - sorry mom!

*************************************
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You did great with the 6 secrets! I'm impressed with the writing a novel one! Let us know when it's published...I'll read :)Also...I grew up loving General Hospital (my mom does too)...but am sad...I don't have the soap channel so Ican watch it at night :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Great secrets Jen! Er, I guess they aren't secrets anymore. tee hee.

    Thanks for including a picture of Dad and me and mentioning our anniversary. We enjoyed a quiet evening and eating at a lovely restaurant to celebrate.

    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.