Monday, September 26, 2011

"X" marks the spot

So this weekend, as DD & I were "hanging out" (ie: packing boxes) she started asking about when I was a kid. I found myself telling her stories about what it was like to grow up on a farm and the silly and fun things we did as kids (fear not siblings - nothing TOO revealing was told [plus I don't want to give her any ideas]).

Then I started reminiscing to myself. I remember these FANTASTIC treasure hunts my mom would set up for us. She would send away for rebate toys and snag the cereal box toys for "booty". Then she would write up clues that took us all over the house and sometimes the yard to find the treasure chest. It was so much fun and then we had a new toy to play with. Thanks, mom!

4 comments:

  1. Your parents are totally cool. I wish they still had scavenger hunts for toys! I would be all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Christmas is coming!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was pretty sweet... but I always kind of hoped that at the end of it there would be something totally unexpected, like a gold brick or a severed hand with a code tattooed across the fingers that would start us on another, bigger mystery. Still, a wind-up submarine from a box of Lucky Charms was pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use to do home made treasure hunts at home too based on clues. Oh the memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love to hear from you.